Professors are often looked up to by their students, and are often highly educated, or educated enough in order to teach a class of students about certain topics. Professors are generally seen as mentors in the academic society. Having an email signature as a professor wont bring you any more money (like it would in a business), but it would add credibility to your name. When you hold a position of power like a professor does, it is important that your students respect you, and this is done by acting professionally. Have a look at our professor email signature examples!
What Should Be Included in a Professors Email Signature?
- Name - You should use your full name, including your middle name.
- Title - The position you hold at your company.
- Qualifications - Any qualifications you may have, such as BSc, BEng, CPA etc. Adding qualifications to your email signature increases your credibility.
- Company Logo or Photo of Yourself - Make sure the company logo or your photo is good quality and not blurry. You should also ensure the images are compressed.
- Email Address (optional) - This is optional as your email address is already available to the recipient if you are sending them an email.
- Contact Information - Such as phone numbers, address, website.
- Social Media Icons - Linking to your social pages such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter.
- Banners - This is the perfect opportunity to insert a banner and let your recipients know about an event or function you are having.